March 31, 2012

Process

It's been a long time since I've actively shared my music with anyone. I had this idea in my head that I didn't want to give things out for free since I was planning on eventually compiling an album to sell at gigs and things. But, y'know... that's not the point. I make music to share it. That's not to say that I won't sell my album once I've finally got it put together--but I've just changed my outlook. I'd love to make money with my music eventually. But I can't ever hope to do that if I don't share what I make with people. So, since that is the heart of the whole process, I'm just going to share. And if that gets me where I want to be--where people actually want to support my continuing efforts--then I'll start thinking about money. Until then, it's about the music.


That being said, this blog is meant to be my little corner of the web that is completely dedicated to my music and the things I do to further its creation. I'm determined to make music a daily piece of my life--because that's what I've always wanted and I realized that I don't have to be touring or playing in a band or selling CDs for that to be a reality. Music is part of who I am and it deserves healthier attention than I've been giving it. So, I'll be posting updates as my recording process takes place. I'll have demos, pictures, stories, and hopefully some video, too. I may not have an album yet--but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy getting there. Life's a process, not an outcome. And that seems worth wanting, too.