May 7, 2012

Lyrics of Song in the Works

More/updated lyrics for the song I'm working on. I'll try to have a rough recording of it posted within the next couple of days. So, stay tuned. I've been working on these for awhile, so let me know what you think. Thanks!
_____

If you can feel my beat
rock your ribs, my tongue and teeth
comb your winter coat

then hold your head beneath
and whisper with the earth stuck in your throat

into my withered ear
the sound of your howlin' tears
singin' softly

and I will call the moon to
tug your tide and make you high when you think of me.

Out on the outskirts
while I feigned to follow father's verse
you waited for me

and now I wait for you
up above in the seed at the edge of the limb of the evergreen

and when the forest burns
the flames will cast a killing curse
and we will finally fall

into the ash and dust
'til the spring reigns over us and we can let our roots crawl.

And I'm gone
but you've still got me
as long
as you think of me
as home
where we can carry on.
_____