October 9, 2012

Nature Songs - 2 New Demos

I've been working on both of these songs for awhile now and I've made some revisions. So, here are some rough recordings of what they've developed into.





White Pine

My brother told me all about the white pine blister rust
and he said the bark beetle's bite hurts like hell
Well, I'm just as tall and I'm just as rough
and any chance I stood sat down when he fell

So I count the witches brooms and the bloody needle tips
and the sum comes up at the end of each damn day
but my mama told me once with time between her lips
that everything is nothing but change

So, I will go...

I hate the sound of a slap laid down from the lightening on a mountain's face
but the scar speaks for the flash in a sacred moan
that there is beauty in what is brief and even more in what we waste
like the blue in a sea of black that lives alone

So when it's my time to fall, to bleed, and to break
I only ask you one simple thing:
don't say it was enough or that I've gone to a better place
just hold your head in your hands and let regret sing

Oh, let me go.
If I could I would stay right here.
Oh, let me go.

And though futile my fight might feel
I've still got to try while I've still got time
to make it all a little worth while.
_____

Evergreen Wolf Song

If you can feel my beat rock your ribs, my tongue and teeth comb your winter coat
then hold your head beneath and whisper with the earth stuck in your throat
into my withered ears the sound of your howlin' tears singin' softly
and I will call the moon to tug your tide and make you high when you think of me.

And I'm gone but you've still got me
as long as you think of me as home.

Out on the outskirts, while I feigned to follow father's verse, you waited for me
and now I wait for you up above in the seed at the edge of the limb of the evergreen
and when the forest burns the flames will cast a killing curse and we will finally fall
into the ash and dust 'til the spring reigns over us and we can let our roots crawl.

And I'm gone but you've still got me
as long as you think of me as home
and even though I'm feelin' the ache of change
I know that without it things would stay the same

And now I wait for you up above in the seed at the edge of the limb of the evergreen.