April 4, 2013

Amplifier

I'm quite stoked to announce that I recently ordered an SWR California Blonde "acoustic instrument amplifier" (aye, not just for guitars) and it just arrived in the mail today! I'm not entirely certain of the year it was made, but I'm pretty sure it's from somewhere between 1999-2002. I haven't had a ton of time with it yet, of course, but so far I'm impressed with it's big bold, natural sound. For an amp that's probably 12 or 13 years old it's in great shape. It's pretty dang loud, too! It's labelled at 360 watts, but I'm pretty sure that's only possible with an extension speaker. Standing alone, it's probably around 160 watts, though I could be wrong since I don't have the manual for it. Either way, it's going to be perfect for gigging; not only does it have volume and voice, it's also got an XLR microphone input I can sing through while playing. So, in the absence of a PA system the show can still go on. It's just great. Anyway, take a look!