March 25, 2014

Back to Wondering - New Song

Been working on this for a few days now. It's not finished, but I like where it's going. This recording is just three tracks: vocal+git, keyboard, and backing vocal. The guitar is a Cigano gyspy jazz and the keyboard is a CasioTone synth from the early 80's. Have a listen!



You gave me a purpose to fulfill, but the pressure only led to pain
You're giving pain, I'm going insane
So I found some peace but lost the point, then ended up wasting time
Just killing my time waiting to die
Now here I am, back wondering about my place in your plan
Just tell me the plan--what's the plan?

Because I'm only a man, I'm just a man.
What's the plan?

You gave me a different point of view, now I can see they're all the same
It's all the same, we're all same
So I found a way but lost the will, then ended up stuck in line
Just doing my time staying in line
Now here I am, back wondering how I can be my own man
I don't understand--I think I can.

I'm making some plans, I got some plans.
I think I can.