March 31, 2014

New Song - Tell Me, Leann

I've had the tune for this one in my head for a few weeks. Here's the first draft. I'm no good on the keyboard, but it makes for some nice framework. I'll probably add in some guitar as it develops.



Jump in the water, it's only up to your knees
So you know I'm not as deep as it seems
I'm just hanging upside down
I caught up with Bobby, he said he understands
I started drinking just to do what I can
because I don't want to drown

Tell me, tell me, what are we all crying for, Leann?
If I can't find the words maybe you can

Been looking at pictures of when we were young
Nowhere to go and nowhere to come from
But somehow made it here
I met up with Mandy, she said it's okay
Even though the colors have all faded away
the sky is still clear

Tell me, tell me, what are we all crying for, Leann?
If I can't find the words maybe you can