July 20, 2012

Studio Results - Cry Out to Kin

As planned, I went to the studio today. The goal was to finish up the first stage of recording for Cry Out to Kin and then start in on We Sink Into Our Stomachs. I can happily say that I accomplished said goal. So, here's the first-stage result of Cry Out to Kin. Keep in mind it hasn't been mixed yet--it's too quiet, muddy, and unbalanced, but with a little imagination you can see where it's headed. (In fact, if you compare this recording with the one on the Music page, you'll see what I mean.) It's going to be worlds better than my humble home recordings. Anyway, before I start the mixing process, the only thing left to do is record the violin, and I'm hoping to have that done before the end of August. So, let me know what you think. Thanks!